Sunday, September 26, 2010

WS2 flash codes

Toyota corolla FXGT 1992
Results -
Flashes 2 - vacuum sensor signal
flashes 7 - T.P.S

2 - engine load - No signal from vacuum sensor
7 - driver intent - no signal from TPS

As I done a visual inspection under the bonnet I took into account the information I got to help me find the fault and ended up finding a loose connection in the TPS plug and also the vacuum sensor was loose.

When I found where the fault was I plugged both connectors back up.

To clear the codes I disconnect the battery for one minute. I connected the batter back up and rechecked the codes and got 1 flash. I went and check what 1 flash meant and it means normal. The car is fine.

The TPS fault affects the driver and the car wouldn't move or it might alwasy move. The car wouldn't respond to what the driver wants it to do.
The vacuum sensor affects the car operation and would receive and send wrong signals to the ECU. The vehicle wouldn't know if itz under load or not.

Other test you should do is test input, output and signal wires for continuity and for voltage readings.

No comments:

Post a Comment